STANDISH TOWNSHIP, ARENAC COUNTY MICHIGAN
SUMMARY OF STANDISH TOWNSHIP ORDINANCE NO. 21-01.
Summary of Standish Township Ordinance No. 21-01, an Ordinance establishing and amending the Standish Township Water Ordinance was adopted by Standish Township Board of Trustees at its regular meeting on May 10, 2021.
Section 1: Mandatory Connection. This Section provides that all premises located in the Township of Standish are required to connect to and use the Township of Standish Municipal Water System within 180 days unless a variance has been specifically granted to a particular premise by the Township of Standish Township Board consistent with the requirements of the Ordinance. This Section also establishes a variance procedure by which a property owner may seek a variance from the aforesaid requirement.
Section 2: Ratification. This Section re-approves and ratifies all other provisions of the Standish Township Water Ordinance.
Section 3: Pending Proceedings Not Affected. This Section provides that no just or legal right or remedy will be lost, impaired, or affected by the Ordinance.
Section 4: Severability. This Section states that if any part of the Ordinance is found to be invalid, the remainder of the Ordinance will remain in effect.
Section 5: Repeal. This Section states that any Standish Township ordinances or part(s) thereof in conflict with this Ordinance are repealed.
Section 6: Effective Date. This Section states that the Ordinance is effective following expiration of 30 days after the publication of a true copy of the ordinance or a legally-permitted summary of the ordinance as required by law in a newspaper of general circulation in Standish Township.
Section 7: Publication. This Section states that the Ordinance is ordered to be published as required by law.
A true copy of this Ordinance may be inspected and/or obtained at the Standish Township Governmental Offices, 4997 Arenac State Road, Standish, Michigan 48658, Monday-Friday during regular business hours.
STANDISH TOWNSHIP CLERK
TITLE: Water/Waste Water Operator
POSITION SUMMARY: Maintains Water and Waste Water System operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
• Operates a variety of small equipment in the repair, maintenance, and construction of public works water and sanitary sewer systems.
• Maintains the sanitary sewer force mains and inline valve system, performs grinder station pump install and maintenance as needed.
• Maintains the supply and distribution of the water system, including maintaining and repairing water main breaks, hydrant, valves, and curb boxes.
• Maintains and installs water meters and performs water shut offs and turn-ons.
• Inspects and maintains equipment, reports malfunctions to supervisor.
• Maintains availability on-call to respond to emergency situations.
• Maintains safety awareness of those policies directly relative to the utilities operation, including trenching and shoring and confined space entry.
• Maintains an awareness of safety principles.
• Performs utility locating in response to Miss Dig requests and to maintain the GIS inventory.
• Water and Waste Water experience is desired.
• “S” – Distribution Level 4 Water license preferred, or ability to obtain within two years.
• Class D or higher waste water license preferred, or ability to obtain within two years.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent/Associates degree preferred.
• Background in math and chemistry preferred.
• GIS experience preferred.
• Ability to operate small equipment, and hand power tools.
• Ability to work in a team environment, follow safe work practices, communicate verbally and in writing, and demonstrate excellence in customer service. Must be available for overtime as needed. Physical/Mental Requirements - Visual acuity to read proofread and fill out forms. Manual dexterity to use light and heavy tools and equipment. Hearing acuity to listen and communicate in person, on radio, and on phone. Computer and keyboard skills to be able to operate laptop and computers. Ability to bend, kneel, crawl, climb, lift 50 lbs., and run. Mental capacity to analyze data, use logic and sound judgement. Ability to work in confined spaces and tolerate various weather conditions.
• Must provide a valid Michigan Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
Available Monday through Friday 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM and as needed to maintain the system, Salaried Position.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: The position indicated above is open to qualified applicants. Resumes should be emailed to Township Supervisor Robert North: firstname.lastname@example.org Posting closes on July 22, 2021 at 3:30 P.M.
Standish Township Water and Sewer System Proposed Schedule
Description Proposed Date
Submittal for financing approval Done
Anticipated Approval Done
BAN Closing Done 12/12/18
Permit Applications Done
Advertisement for Bids 8/15/2020
Bid Opening 9/16/2020
Loan Closing 1/16/2020
Contract Award 1/21/2020
Initiation of Construction 2/22/21
Substantial Completion 1/15/2022
Final Completion 8/15/2022
Initiation of Operation 2/15/2022